Specialist long term care service for those arranging live-in care with Christies Care
Having a live-in carer, whether for a few weeks or “forever”, is an affordable alternative to residential or nursing care. It also means that you can stay at home, in familiar surroundings.
If you are having to pay for care, you may have had little or no information, guidance or advice to help you make the right decisions. For example, you may feel that you do not have sufficient knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- The care system and how it works
- The choices you have in relation to paying for care
- Your responsibilities and duties under a Power of Attorney
- What to do if you feel that care should be paid for by the NHS
- The care contract and important things to be aware of
- The benefits system and ensuring you are claiming the right benefits
- The role of your local authority and their responsibilities including understanding the care and financial assessments
- Your choices regarding property and guidance on the 12-week property disregard
Working with Christies Care, I provide financial planning advice for those funding care throughout the UK.